Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Product Growth:
The extraordinary growth Canva has experienced to date has been primarily bottom-up and led from within our product, and the Product Growth ‘supergroup’ is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth.
On a mission to Empower the world to enjoy the full value of Canva , this cross-functional, global org of 185+ passionate people, is made up of four groups: User Growth; Teams Growth, Pro Growth, and Revenue Platform.
The work Product Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products & experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, through to building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products.
The goals that this organisation owns play a central role in our overall company mission and business success. This Supergroup is responsible for a number of critical company metrics, which include signup, onboarding, activation, engagement, frequency of use, retention, collaboration, and monetisation - right across our Free and Pro subscription products, globally.
About the Revenue Platform Group:
The Revenue Platform Group at Canva is deeply rooted within the Businesses & Education Super Group. Owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva be this through a subscription or a one off transaction. No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups achieve their goals and monetise their features.
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with leads, designers, product managers, and engineers to build features and product experiments for our users that help us achieving our critical goals
- Design, develop and launch product experiments and solutions. Working closely with other team members to plan and take follow up actions, such as productization, termination or working on the next iteration of the experiment
- Building tools and frameworks that help us rapidly and reliably conduct experiments across different parts of the Canva app
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Models initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Work closely with Machine Learning engineers to build personalisation experiments that empower our users to get the most out of Canva
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in A/B testing and Experiment Driven Development
- Experience and knowledge of cross-browser and cross-device development
- Experience developing Java backend
- Experience developing mobile App
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.