Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Product Management @ Canva
The mission of Product Managers at Canva is to create the most accessible design tool for every person in the world. We believe that we can improve the world by empowering everyone to design and communicate visually.
Product Managers collaborate with Canva’s founders to set the strategic direction, scope, and success metrics for product initiatives. We work across teams of designers, software engineers, marketers, and analysts to ensure we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. As our product grows, we are responsible for implementing and collaborating on product strategy, road mapping, and prioritisation.
It’s our responsibility to see products through their entire lifecycle—from concept through to validation, build, post-launch analytics, and iterations.
About the Editing Group
The Editing group at Canva is responsible for delivering value to users through our world-class design editor. On our mission to empower everyone to design anything, we are always thinking about a wide range of user problems and building features to address a diverse set of use cases for the Canva editor. The Canva Editor empowers our users to do everything from collaborative whiteboarding to creating digital documentation with Canva Docs.
The Canva Docs Team is focused on building a visual, engaging document editor that leverages the power of the rest of the Canva platform to deliver a truly unmatched experience for all our users.
What you'll do
- Define a clear strategy and roadmap with the team and leadership that will deliver maximum value to Canva Docs users
- Help execute an effective discovery process for Canva Docs
- Work with designers to solve real problems through flawless user experiences
- Work with your team of engineers to set (and hit) crazy, big delivery goals
- Become a trusted expert in all things online document editing
- Build relationships with key strategic integration partners, and seek to form new ones that unlock growth for Canva and our users
- Recognise the biggest picture, communicate, collaborate, and compromise effectively with collaborators and other PMs for the best outcome for Canva
- Product Management experience of a software product, with online document editing product knowledge as a huge plus
- You have led large or multiple product teams through discovery and delivery
- You're someone who enjoys leading a team of amazing people to ship innovative solutions - and can point to an impressive record of doing so
- Exceptional UX skills - you understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX
- An excellent communicator who can influence cross-functionally with each to achieve big wins
- Great with data (both qualitative and quantitative) and loves turning insights into actions
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, wearing lots of hats and doing whatever it takes to help your team and the business succeed
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.