Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Want to Join Canva?
As a social media manager, you will be responsible for developing and driving a strategy that reinforces our brand and values, and establishes us a leading player in the design space.
You’ll work collaboratively with peers across brand marketing, creative, PR & Comms, and more to position Canva as an inspiring leader in design. Helping to drive awareness, adoption and affinity across the raft of social media platforms.
We’re looking for a strategic storyteller who can drive high-impact programming that resonates with our global consumer audience across all social media platforms.
What you'll do:
- Build content programmes that help educate our audiences to use Canva to their full advantage.
- Partner with internal and external collaborators and partners to commission, provide feedback on and deliver best-in-class content.
- Continuously evolve our content strategy through data and analytics.
- Act as the brand guardian for all consumer social media content across all channels, ensuring we establish a strong tone of voice on a global level.
- Mentor and coach a team of specialists.
- Monitor social media trends and the competitive landscape to create strategic decisions for Canva’s brand.
- Bring innovative and creative solutions to our social media strategy to establish Canva as the most loved brand.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in social media content strategy and execution with experience partnering with global teams.
- A creative thinker with hands-on experience creating content for international brands.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others.
- A passion for creating content that inspires, educates and celebrates.
- Expert knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them.
- Strong at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects.
- Ability to manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders across cultures and geographies.
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery.
- A love for fast-paced and ever-changing environments.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.