Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
We’re seeking an experienced strategic Data Analyst to join the Strategy and Analysis team. Strategy and Analysis is unique in the cross-company role it plays, with a mission of driving strategic initiatives to ensure Canva achieves its long-term foundational goals. This role will directly impact growth strategy development and inform key decision-making by Canva’s senior leadership.
You’ll be working in a diverse and exciting role supporting the Canva Founders and senior leadership on strategic projects to help Canva in achieving its crazy big goals. As the senior data guru on the team, you’ll be conducting quantitative analyses and drawing out the implications of what this means for Canva - often using these insights to proactively identify further opportunities to accelerate Canva’s rapid growth.
Your excellent commercial and technical acumen will be relied upon to come up with solutions to novel problems, and you will confidently engage with senior leadership to present your solutions. You will also amplify your impact by supporting more junior team members.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain experience working at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest-growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users.
- Learn from and work with some of Australia's best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, and product professionals.
- Proactively identify opportunities to advance Canva and its goals.
- Support the delivery of strategic projects sourced from the founders, CFO and across the business by transforming data into key insights and recommendations for decision-making.
- Use your comfort and deep expertise in working with large volumes of data to drive projects forward and your commercial acumen to translate analysis into actionable solutions for stakeholders.
- Consistently bring analytical rigour to your projects and confidently engage with senior leadership on quantitative solutions to novel problems.
- Role model for junior analysts in Strategy and Analysis, and the broader Canva data community.
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
We'd love it if you have:
- Strong competency with SQL.
- Experience wrangling and analysing data using Python or R.
- A grounding in mathematics/statistics and a bachelor's degree in a STEM area is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience delivering analytical projects with large data sets and packaging insights for business stakeholders.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and getting to a solution even with imperfect data.
- Confident verbal and written communication with senior leadership - particularly breaking down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas.
- Strong commercial awareness, with the ability to independently drive projects to completion, including technical delivery as well as excellent stakeholder management.
- Can build authentic relationships with stakeholders and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- If you have a keen eye for detail, a proven desire to keep learning and enjoy upholding high standards of excellence and integrity in the services you deliver, then this could be the role for you!
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We are looking for people who love technology and can bring creativity when solving challenging problems. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so. If you're a passionate data analyst seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world's premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.