Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva is looking for a new Corporate Paralegal to be part of our highly motivated, tight-knit, and collaborative global legal team. This role will be responsible for supporting Canva’s transactions and corporate governance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a corporate paralegal looking for their next challenge.
Your Day to Day:
- You will manage subsidiary governance and compliance and support Canva’s global expansion efforts.
- You’ll assist corporate legal team on acquisitions, financings, secondaries and tender offers.
- You will support Canva’s tax, finance, accounting and treasury teams on corporate matters
- You’ll assist with securities law compliance and related filings.
- You will support management of Canva’s equity plans and capitalization records.
You're Probably a Match if:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal for high-growth tech companies, either in-house or at a firm.
- You have experience tracking and managing corporate and securities law compliance requirements across multiple jurisdictions.
- You demonstrate good judgment and a collaborative, flexible approach to problem-solving.
- You have the ability to communicate complex matters effectively and provide pragmatic advice that is risk aware, not risk averse.
- You take ownership and have the ability to navigate stakeholders and drive projects forward.
About the team
The Corporate Legal Team supports Canva's financings, acquisitions and investments, governance and investor relations, international expansion and subsidiary management. We work cross-functionally across Canva's business, supporting Canva's leadership, Finance, Tax, People and Total Rewards teams (and many more!), on a broad range of projects, helping to empower Canva to meet its crazy big goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Chief Legal Officer - Todd Carpenter has to say about working in Legal at Canva -
"The variety of matters that we work on across the globe everyday might surprise you!"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.