Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Canva’s Smartmockups Team has a big mission to help anyone mock up anything! We’re looking for an experienced data analyst to work closely with this team to define and build key performance metrics, synthesize insights, and partner on data-driven product strategies. The person in this role will love data storytelling, be highly data-driven, technically astute, a solid communicator, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high-impact projects with limited direction and supervision. Our Data folk, who are embedded across the business, manage huge volumes of data in order to help our friends across the business make Canva run, scale, and grow.
This role will be embedded in Canva’s Smartmockups Team but will also form a part of our Data community where you will also be joining a diverse group of people who really enjoy finding answers for the business, as well as uncovering opportunities that we didn’t know existed. The Data team can often be found chatting about the latest trends in analytics and how we can apply them at Canva. We’re looking forward to growing both teams and gaining a range of new perspectives and ideas on how we can do things better.
- Find insights that help us understand our Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggest and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics – when we push tests to 100%, we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph
- Support your team to understand their performance by ensuring a connected and discoverable data ecosystem and building key reusable data assets
- Build and maintain dashboards for our product teams, make them look really good - you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to build visualizations that enable people to interpret the insights
- Own projects, data models, dashboards, and other artifacts and keep them up-to-date and high quality in a hypergrowth environment
- Use our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be challenging (and fun!)
- Distill complex ideas down to simple concepts to drive alignment with stakeholders, and organize a data strategy in your focus area
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company
- Strong competency with SQL 💪�
- Experience with databases in Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery is a plus!
- Strong competency with designing and building reports and dashboards using tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience building connected data ecosystems across multiple off-the-shelf and cloud Data platforms such as Snowflake or BigQuery
- Experience with optimizing product funnels, running experiments, interpreting results, and effectively communicating outcomes and conclusions
- A grounding in mathematics / statistics and a bachelor’s degree in a STEM area is preferred, but not required
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written. Be able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- Experience wrangling and analyzing data using Python or R. Experience with very large data sets is a huge plus
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home).
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.