Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and chat experience.
About the Specialist Operations Group
The Specialist Operations Group is the crucial operational component of User Voice and the public face of a platform relied upon by millions on a daily basis. Our mission is to ensure that each of Canva's 135M+ monthly active users can easily accomplish their jobs-to-be-done with minimal friction. Our team engages with the community to address inquiries, concerns, or requests, and we take pride in providing exceptional customer service. This dedication to customer satisfaction permeates our organization, and we continually strive to promote this ideal throughout.
What you'll do...
- Air Traffic Controller: Focused on management and administration to make the trains run on time. Shielding leader’s time by being the first line of defence - taking unnecessary lego and triaging or handling, and communicating back.
- You’ll communicate effectively to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the group, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and stakeholders are up to date and working effectively. Ensuring the group adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- Operational Driver: Ensuring that Canva’s operational rhythm is built with best-operating practices in mind, as well as maintained and constantly improved.
- Project/Program Manager: Drive selected Leadership projects priorities to successful completion, and leading cross-cutting projects but with leader philosophies at heart.
- Sounding Board: Providing a confidential sounding board and speaking honestly when a birds-eye view without agenda is needed.
What we are looking for...
- You're experienced in empowering a leader one to one or a group of leaders through strong administrative support.
- You’ll be a team player with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence. You love building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders around the business.
- You’re a quick learner, and comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You’re always looking for new ways to make things more efficient and solving problems in scalable ways making sure things get done the smart way not the hard way.
- You're a great listener, seeking to understand what has been tried in the past and how we can continue to improve our ways of working.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and are comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from written communications to Canva presentations.
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!).
- Someone who can anticipate what's next or what's needed, and you've got a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- You’ve got experience working with, and being a trusted partner to, a Leadership team and you’re comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task, keeping the bigger picture in mind, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.