Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 110+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,400 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve its goals through Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them every day whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations, or printing gifts for their friends. With Canva everyone can achieve their goals!
About the role
You will be the product marketing owner for our B2B Self-Serve Teams portfolio, responsible for driving product, user, and revenue growth of paid small & medium-sized teams via high velocity, self-serve GTM strategies.
As the subject matter expert for our SMB Self-Serve B2B portfolio, you will work in a strategic triad with Product Growth & Marketing Growth Strategist to set & drive the marketing growth strategy for self-serve teams at Canva, bring new features to market, launch high growth experiments and drive user adoption, retention & expansion. You will work closely with B2B marketing counterparts, including content specialists, channel experts, and data & creative production teams, who will execute your strategies and bring these to life.
You will be responsible for crafting the personas, positioning & messaging for the portfolio. Your market, competitive and customer knowledge will inform strategic roadmap decisions to ensure a strong product-market fit among Canva’s small & medium-sized paid teams.
What you'll do
- Product & Marketing Growth Strategy - You’re someone who can oversee the end-to-end product strategy and marketing opportunity for your area of business. You will work with Product & Marketing Growth counterparts to identify the highest impact user, business & product opportunities. Off the back of these opportunities, you will set & drive the marketing growth strategy for motion.
- Stakeholder Management - You’ll have the ability to influence and rally teams to seize core market opportunities and bring world-class products to market. Alongside your Growth Marketing counterpart, you will be responsible for briefing the marketing content & channel teams to execute on your marketing growth strategy. You will oversee and guide the end-to-end delivery of your strategy, and continually optimize it to ensure its success
- Targeting & Personas - You will be responsible for the targeting strategy for your motion portfolio. This includes identifying best-fit users with the highest propensity to adopt Canva, and developing impactful persona cards to inform targeting efforts across Marketing, Product Growth & Sales.
- Product Positioning & Messaging - You’ll own the creation and delivery of product positioning for your area of the business. You’ll be responsible for empowering all teams at Canva to use your positioning across the entire product and marketing funnel.
- Product Adoption, Growth & Awareness - As a seasoned product marketer, you’ll partner with product and marketing teams to ensure to own and drive continued adoption and engagement of our product base via onboarding and retention initiatives.
- Cross-Functional Champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing, and sales. You’ll have superb stakeholder management and be a world-class communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when, and how it impacts them.
- Market & Competitive Research - You’re highly proficient in sourcing and analysing market and competitive insights and you’re able to translate these insights into actionable workstreams for teams.
- Voice of the Customer - You will be customer-obsessed and will ensure that user insights/feedback collected via product, marketing & sales channels, are communicated to your team and used to inform & optimize product and marketing growth strategies.
What we're looking for
- Relevant B2B product marketing experience in a senior/lead position in a product-centric organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, which empower all stakeholders to support your product strategies.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with stakeholders from product, marketing, sales, strategy, and research.
- The ability to identify and forecast potential business problems/opportunities and identify appropriate ways to rectify/seize the opportunities and prioritize resources.
- Experience running complex cross-functional strategies and the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to understand the market, competitors, and core customer audience. Identifying essential trends, and rectifying problems as they arise.
- You share these insights broadly with all key stakeholders and use these insights to mold the product, messaging, and GTM strategy.
- You’ll be someone who can juggle multiple projects at once and have strong prioritization skills.
- You’re someone with a growth mindset - eager to learn and try new things every day.
- You’re someone who loves solving customer problems with products. You enjoy working closely with product teams to build world-class products.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey. Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.