Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group/team
At Canva, we’re all constantly striving towards our Crazy Big Goals! Since growing to a worldwide team of over 3,500 we need to ensure we’re working as effectively and efficiently as possible, which is where our Operational Business Partners come in. You will be part of our Leadership Operations group, which works to set our leaders and teams up for success by building and evolving the operational rhythm of the groups they support.
We currently have multiple opportunities available across the business, each supporting various different supergroups (AI, Growth, Engineering and Marketing) - where you will be working to build solid operational excellence and embed this in everything we do - steering Canva towards growth and success for years to come! Many of these roles have high involvement in Sydney based events, so although we don't require you to be in the office every day, there will be times when travel to Sydney is required.
About the role/specialty
An Operations Business Partners works alongside the Leadership Operations role, as well as the Group Lead, and are responsible for improving how the group operates. The main goal is to ensure that the group is incredibly efficient & effective by setting processes and building out the groups operational foundations. In this role you will own the group's cadences, communications and goal tracking and organise team events and celebrations. You will coordinate special projects and drive them to unilateral success by coordinating and communicating between key project owners. In short, you'll be the chief wrangler of anything operationally within the group that needs focus.
Using your experience with program/project management, administration, and relationship-building you will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to help Canva to achieve the level of operational efficiency, cooperation & collaboration that our front-line teams need to hit our goals.
What you'll do
- You’ll own all team operations end-to-end: You take charge and ensure we have built cadences and administrative infrastructure that are essential to building operational excellence and hitting goals. You’ll drive tracking initiatives, run seasonal planning processes, assist with company-wide product development adherences and constantly iterate on this as Canva grows. You will also coordinate and facilitate meetings, defining objectives, purpose and agendas, and constantly look for ways to improve the operational cadence of the Supergroup.
- You’ll communicate optimally to support teams: You are proactive in wrangling the Supergroup, facilitating relationships to ensure all relevant teams and partners are up to date and working efficiently. Ensuring the Supergroup adheres to best practices for communication, documentation & wider context sharing. Ensuring concerns are anticipated and raised early to appropriate owners in order to resolve issues that prevent progress.
- You’ll proactively drive initiatives forward: You will keep seasonal programs on track by coordinating and tracking timelines, milestones, and statuses, calling out issues as needed. Able to work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts and ensure they are able to be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the Glue of the Team: Coordinating events across the group, as well wrangling representatives and content from the group for company-wide events, coordinating and arranging celebrations & events for the team. You help us recognize the hard work of the Supergroup, and pull together amazing celebrations when we hit those Crazy Big Goals.
- Forecast and predict emerging opportunities: In time, and working with the Supergroup Leadership you will forecast and anticipate emerging opportunities across the Supergroup, and preemptively work on solutions, constantly looking for areas to improve.
You'll probably be a match if you have:
- Proven experience in a Events, Program or Project Management role, or similar within the start/ scale up tech environment.
- Experience in Organisational Change Management & Communications
- Experience prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A keen eye for detail and a strong desire to uphold high standards of excellence
- Truly self-motivated with a desire to constantly learn, develop and grow an inaugural role to build out the specialty
- Integrity and trustworthiness with humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions
- Able to build relationships and rapport fast and constantly expand internal networks
- Ability to be comfortable operating in the grey. We don't often have all the information required and priorities can shift and change quickly, so a comfort with ambiguity and bringing clarity to these situations is a must.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.