Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Building the best-in-class brand experiences . You’ll work closely with your team, developing Canva’s brand hub experiences – empowering our users to set up their brands in Canva and support their teams to design on brand. You’ll be responsible for leading the end-to-end product design process from problem definition through to detailed design.
Expand on the future of Brand hub in Canva. You'll Identify key opportunities of improvement the brand brand hub experience within Canva and work with the team to deliver the next phase of Brand hub. Immerse yourself in user problems and familiarise yourself with the existing brand experience within Canva while working with sales, marketing, research and key stakeholders to capture their feedback and thinking.
Research. You’ll deeply understand competitors, trends, patterns, best practices, UX design inspiration, and user and business insights.
Collaboration. You’ll collaborate and build relationships with teams both within and outside of the Design productivity group. You'll work closely with your triad, team and group leadership, to create a holistic and consistent brand hub experience across all touch points.
Iterating. You'll gather learnings to iterate through the use of research and data—we have a close relationship with our users which enables us to unearth valuable insights to improve their experience.
Prioritisation. You’ll collaborate with your triad to ensure your team always prioritises the most valuable features.
You're probably a match if:
- You have 5+ years experience of end-to-end product design. You have a track-record of tackling complex problems and delivering simple, elegant solutions. You've designed and shipped and iterated on multiple products or features end-to-end across various platforms.
- You have effective communication. You have experience communicating future design directions with stakeholders and inspiring positive action within your team to bring the vision to life.
- Strong visual communication skills. You have experience communicating ideas and information that visually inspire, influence and tell a compelling story.
- A collaborative approach. You have experience working closely with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers. You value feedback and brainstorming ideas.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing. You're skilled in turning the outcomes from research into data to drive your design solutions.
- Interaction Design Experience. You're able to use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- You excel in UI Design. You have experience creating strong visual designs that align with brand and design systems.
- Data Fluency. You have experience using data to evaluate user problems, inform your design solutions and measure success.
About the team
- The Brand Identity team sits within the Design Productivity Group. The Design Productivity Group is on a mission to Empower teams to turn every team member into a creator so they can bring their brands to life in a consistent and scalable way. In 2023, the Design productivity group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. So far we’ve launched a range of tools and experiences that support brand designers set up their brands in Canva and support their teams to design on brand but this is just the beginning of our journey. As the Product Designer for the Brant Identity team, you will help us drive towards making Canva a household name in every team.
- But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
- "I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.