Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney Australia but in this project you’ll be working remotely from wherever you are located. That means you have the ultimate flexibility. Wherever works for you, works for us.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Curriculum Developer to work with the creative team to create curriculum-aligned Math templates for K-8 students in the US and AU. This is a rare opportunity for Math educators accustomed to working independently and looking to develop their craft by challenging themselves creatively. This is a 6-month freelance project for 20 hours per week, based remotely in the Philippines . We will also consider applicants based in Australia.
Canva connects with the education community as a go-to platform for students, parents, teachers, and schools, as they explore more creative and collaborative features to suit their needs. Providing education users with innovative tools also means supporting them with an array of learning materials that are both ready-to-use and easily adaptable. We also need to ensure that these materials are vetted by subject matter experts, developed in line with curriculum guidelines and academic standards of various locales, and created with engaging and flexible copy for users to put their own spin on it. As a Curriculum Developer, you will be expected to apply your expertise in the US and AU Math curriculum for K-8 by providing topics and learning assessments and turning them into learning resource templates.
What you will do
- Content Planning and Research;
- Provide topics and prescribe learning assessments based on the curriculum performance tasks to be used as the foundation of the Math templates to be produced.
- Develop the content plan and direction with the creative team.
- Review written creative briefs for new elements (illustrations, photos, and/or videos) and ensure topic relevancy and grade-level appropriateness.
- Content Review;
- Review the curriculum alignment of the Math topics written by the creative team.
- Ensure the elements used are appropriate for their intended educational purpose, and the layout of the template facilitates the smooth flow of concepts.
- Aside from the topics, review if the learning assessment activities written by the creative team subscribe to the performance tasks specified in the curriculum.
- Consistently meet the content planning milestones and the required number of topics and learning assessments to review per week.
Who you are
- You are an Education Degree Graduate with a focus on Math, and experience in classroom teaching + strategic planning.
- You’re an experienced Curriculum Developer or instructional designer for basic education adept at creating effective content for learning modules, textbooks, or e-learning platforms.
- You are passionate about education and highly interested in finding ways to support teachers and students through content.
- You have a knack for crafting engaging lessons and creative assessment activities.
- You enjoy reading various texts and can effectively adapt them into learning materials, as needed.
- You value the importance of identifying reputable sources and citing them accordingly.
- You have an excellent grasp of English in terms of sentence construction, spelling, and grammatical structure.
- You are quick with ideas, also coming up with original template copy that can engage users and effectively support their learning and teaching goals, but can still match Canva’s voice and brand guidelines.
- You have a good understanding of what students and teachers need in the current education landscape, applying those learnings and best practices in content development.
- You can thoroughly follow a project brief, proactively clarify details and provide suggestions, conduct quick research, and convert all information into excellent template copy.
About the team
Education is at the forefront of Canva’s content goals. The platform has empowered teachers and students to create and design for free through Canva for Education. To better support them in online and offline learning, we continuously expand our library with grade-level-appropriate and subject-specific templates suitable for printing and for digital delivery.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions to engage contractors based on your experience, skills and passion. When you signify interest in the Project, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the contractor-accreditation interview process.
Please note that contractor-accreditation meetings are conducted virtually.
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.