Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Ecosystem Group
Canva’s Ecosystem Group was formed in 2021, unifying Canva’s developer ecosystem investments, to create an abundant (app and developer) ecosystem that tailors Canva for each user. Our aim is to build the world’s richest Ecosystem of apps and integrations for visual design and communications on Canva. We are building strategic integrations, developing a platform to enable apps with seamless workflows, and building an array of developer tools.
We are building out the next-generation developer platform, called the Canva API , to provide developers flexibility in creating innovative app experiences within Canva. We are already working with a number of third-party developers using the Canva API, and you will drive the future of this platform and the corresponding app ecosystem.
This role will work directly with the GM for Canva Ecosystem and the Ecosystem Engineering, Design, and Partnerships leadership team to ensure the success, growth, and adoption of the Canva API and associated ecosystem. You'll work with Engineering and Group leadership across Canva product teams to ensure close alignment between Canva API and the growth objectives of key existing and emerging products across Canva.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the future of Canva API
- Partner with key members across Canva product teams to ensure close alignment between Canva API and the growth objectives of key existing and emerging products across Canva
- Build a highly aligned and collaborative PM team for Canva API and build an ecosystem of apps using these APIs
- Regularly review and update the vision and strategy for Canva API in collaboration with the cross-functional leadership team and in an open and inclusive manner
- Maintain a solid understanding of the end-to-end user experience across key user segments within the Ecosystem business and set priorities for delight
- Understand Ecosystem competitive position in major markets and ensure we maintain a strong position that aligns with our business principles
- Instill a culture of data-driven decision-making within the team
- Experience coaching Product Managers to shape and deliver product roadmaps
- Product Management experience of a software product (with platform or integrations experience a huge plus) launching and landing high-quality products
- Both passion for and experience shipping tools for developers. For example, you’ve shipped APIs, client libraries, and/or CLIs
- You understand more than just the fundamentals of good UX. You love Canva’s seamless and simple design, and are going to be ruthless in protecting that
- Experience working across all phases of the SDLC and understand both the excitement and challenges that developers face at each phase
- leads through influence, not necessarily through authority
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.